Arvest to Give $58,000 to Teachers Throughout Bank’s Footprint

Monday, October 08 at 09:00 AM

For the third consecutive year, Arvest Bank will honor teachers by awarding 116 educators with a total of $58,000 in prize money.

The decision to award 116 $500 gifts to individual teachers was made not only out of respect and appreciation for the work teachers do, but as a sign of support at a time when many schools continue to face budget challenges. All prizes will go to teachers who work at state-funded schools.

“Commitment to community is something we take seriously at Arvest, and it is our pleasure to recognize these teachers, who do so much for our children and our communities,” Arvest president and CEO Kevin Sabin said. “We know they work hard every day to give all of us a better future, and we hope these awards help show how much we appreciate them.”

To nominate a teacher to receive one of the $500 prizes, look for an Arvest Bank Facebook post about this contest during the week of Oct. 15-21. Include the teacher’s name, school name, city, and one sentence describing why that teacher deserves to win.

Arkansas counties included are: Baxter, Benton, Boone, Carroll, Conway, Craighead, Crawford, Faulkner, Franklin, Garland, Howard, Johnson, Little River, Logan, Lonoke, Madison, Mississippi, Montgomery, Pike, Polk, Pope, Pulaski, Saline, Scott, Sebastian, Sevier, Washington and Yell.

Missouri counties included are: Barry, Laclede, Lawrence, McDonald, Stone, Taney, Wright and Webster. Additionally, in the Greater Kansas City area, the following towns are included: Cass, Mo., Clay, Mo., Jackson, Mo., Platte, Mo., Franklin, Kan., Johnson, Kan., and Wyandotte, Kan.

Oklahoma counties included are: Adair, Canadian, Cherokee, Cleveland, Comanche, Cotton, Craig, Creek, Grady, Delaware, LeFlore, Mayes, McClain, McCurtain, McIntosh, Muskogee, Nowata, Oklahoma, Okmulgee, Ottawa, Payne, Pittsburg, Pontotoc, Pottawamie, Sequoyah, Stephens, Tulsa, Wagoner and Washington

Disclosures

• $500 donation will be made to directly to the school of the winning teacher’s school.
  • Winners will be selected at random. Random selection will take place the week of October 22.
  • Awardees will be notified no later than October 29.
  • No Arvest associate or associate’s immediate family member can win.
Tags: Arkansas, Arvest, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma
Julie Boyd on 10/9/2018 at 1:00 AM
Julie Boyd of TG Smith Elementary Springdale School District. I nominate Mrs. Boyd simply because 25+yrs of Special Education teaching takes an incredibly special educator with a beautiful heart to improve the learning process for the intellectually impaired.
Julie Boyd on 10/9/2018 at 1:22 AM
I’m nominating Mrs. Julie Boyd of TG Smith Elementry Springdale Arkansas (Washington county) There has been no other teacher that has influenced my child more; she saw past his disabilities and exceptionally developed an educational objective to specialize his needs from kindergarten to fifth grade.
Arvest Blog Admin on 10/9/2018 at 2:01 PM
Thank you for the comments! As a reminder, this is only the announcement post – be looking for the official nomination form that we will post here on Facebook during the week of Oct. 15-21. Only nominations submitted through that form will be eligible to win. In the meantime, be sure to like and share with your friends!
Paul Pruett on 10/14/2018 at 2:26 PM
I nominate Rhonda Pruett. Ahe is a special needs teacher at Norman high School, Norman Oklahoma, Norman Public school system. She is developing an after school American Sign Language club and could use funding for snacks, curriculum resources such as videos, and for money for field trips and community outings.
Kendra Glenn on 10/15/2018 at 12:02 PM
Kendra is a excellent teacher her kids that she teaches is just like her children
Ellen Elizabeth Watts on 10/15/2018 at 1:18 PM
Ellen Elizabeth Watts class at Springdale High School. Deserves $500.00 because she is fostering the independence of students with disabilities Her class would benefit from the $500 in the use of supplies including hygiene products food for daily living & field trips opportunities for her students in the community with non-disabled peers.
Odess on 10/15/2018 at 2:09 PM
Where is the form or link located?
Douglas Edwards II on 10/15/2018 at 2:14 PM
I nominate Courtney Beagle from Cassville, Mo. elementary school. Courtney is great with kids and has extreme patience with the little ones.
Nicholas Martin on 10/15/2018 at 2:22 PM
I nominate Wayne Levering of Rogers Heritage High School. I choose to nominate Mr. Levering because of his extensive effort in preparing us for college. He has provided us more information towards our future educational goals than any other teacher I have had in my high school career.
Nicholas Martin on 10/15/2018 at 2:22 PM
Arvest Blog Admin on 10/15/2018 at 2:40 PM
Thank you for the comments, however this is only the announcement post. To officially nominate a teacher please follow use this link: https://1.shortstack.com/3gxBck. Only nominations submitted through that form will be eligible to win. Be sure to like and share with your friends!
Cindy Morey on 10/17/2018 at 2:17 AM
I would like to Nominate Carrie Renfrow-Snyder. She is a teacher plus wear many more hats at Oklahoma Centennial Mid High School. She has been a teacher there since the school had been open in 2007. As of this year I can officially say she has taught all 6 of my children starting back from the first one In 2007. She cares about all her students and always teaches them it is important to give back. She spent the summer building a Community Garden at the school. She does projects with her students to give back to the community in so many ways: From food baskets to the veterans and the local fire department to journals with bags for the students in need off a voice so they can use their journals to write in to allow them to be heard. She is such a caring person and always sees someone having a bad day or struggling and will always have a hug or kind wound to give them. If a coworker isn’t feeling well she will make them a cup of tea. She always reminds her students that they are somebody and who they are makes a difference. She is so deserving for this and could benefit for the prize money to put towards her projects she has going of for the Community Peace Garden. The majority of the materials she purchases comes from her personal pocket because the funding in school has been cut and the school doesn’t have a PTA. It would be an absolute blessing for her to be chosen.
Arvest Blog Admin on 10/17/2018 at 1:34 PM
Hi Cindy, Thank you for the comment, however this is only the announcement post. To officially nominate a teacher please follow use this link: https://1.shortstack.com/3gxBck. Only nominations submitted through that form will be eligible to win. Be sure to like and share with your friends!
Kelly Palmer on 10/17/2018 at 6:56 PM
I would like to nominate Kassie Wingfield of Rock Creek Elementary. Kassie goes above and beyond to teach her Kindergarten class. These kids love her and she loves them. She creates a classroom where children are excited to learn. Mrs. Wingfield is one of those teachers that makes a positive impact on the life of a child.
Christopher Randolph on 10/19/2018 at 2:23 PM
I would like to nominate my Algebra 2 teacher, Coach Randolph. When I have a free period or am having a crummy day he lets me come in his classroom and cool down. If I ever have something gong on he´s always willing to listen and give advice. He holds his students at high standards because he knows we are capable. This is my third math class I´ve had with Coach Randolph. Math ins´t necessarily my strong suit but every year Coach Randolph has loads of patience when I struggle, walked me through as many problems I need help with, and made sure I come in for extra help so I don´t fall behind. Coach Randolph is very good at explaining and and giving examples. Coach Randolph gives respect to his students and expects the same in return. If he doesn´t get that in return he is very good about keeping his cool, fixing/addressing the situation, and moving on with the lesson. I really admire Coach Randolph for his patience and ability to keep his cool in frustrating situations. I can tell he puts in a lot of work for his students and that´s why I believe he deserves this award.
Heather Couk on 10/21/2018 at 2:29 PM
My family nominates Mrs Ware. She is a fantastic teacher that goes above and beyond for our kiddos. She makes learning fun and really works with each kiddo to help them in their areas of need.