Nominate Oklahoma Teachers to Receive $500

Friday, October 14 at 10:00 AM
Category: Arvest Community News

Do you know an Oklahoma teacher who deserves $500 for their classroom needs? Nominate him or her on the Arvest Bank Facebook page Oct. 17-23 for a chance to receive $500!

Here’s How It’ll Work
  • Oct. 17 – Arvest Bank will post on their Facebook page asking for nominations of teachers at Oklahoma state-funded schools
  • Oct. 17-23 – Community members comment on that post with teacher name, school name, city and short sentence on why the teacher deserves $500
  • Oct. 24-30 – Arvest Bank will select and notify 25 winners
  • Oct. 3-Nov. 4 – Winners each receive $500
  • Nov. 5-18 – Winners use $500
  • Nov. 21 - Dec. 2 – Arvest Bank shares on social media how winners used the money
We love Oklahoma teachers!

Arvest Bank will make 25 total $500 donations to 25 Oklahoma State Funded Schools. Towns included are Bartlesville, Nowata, Dewey, Vinita, Tulsa, Broken Arrow, Jenks, Bixby, Sand Springs, Owasso, Coweta, Catoosa, Sapulpa, Okmulgee, Glenpool, McAlester, Eufaula, Pryor, Tahlequah, Wagoner, Chouteau, Adair, Porter, Muskogee, Ft. Gibson, Lawton, Elgin, Chickasha, Duncan, Walters, Stillwater, Yukon, Moore, Norman, Edmond, Oklahoma City, Midwest City, Del City, Choctaw, Shawnee, Ada, Stilwell, Westville, Jay, Grove and Kansas. Random selection will take place the week of Oct. 24, 2016. Awardees will be notified no later than Oct. 30. Winners will be selected at random. No Arvest associate or immediate family member can win.

Tags: Community Support, Oklahoma
hannah silver on 10/17/2016 at 6:22 PM
My Mother/Teacher! deserves $500 for all her hard work in schooling me while she is sick and healing from nearly dying last Christmas, She has been thur a lot home health and Doctors have dropped her. She no longer has a Dr, Or a way to get wound supplies. I am her nurse and I am in school "Home schooled" She has been helping me even with trying to heal and recover herself. I am Nominating My Mom! Debra Silver!
Donna Mayo on 10/17/2016 at 6:25 PM
Nominate Iva Bingham Tecumseh Middle School Tecumseh Oklahoma for $500 classroom Iva works tirelessly for all kids at her school and devotes many resources and much extra time as needed including many after school hours for extra events to help "her" kids.
Jeff Austin on 10/17/2016 at 6:53 PM
He does a great job with Madison Elementary Children
Arvest Blog Admin on 10/17/2016 at 8:37 PM
Hannah - We're sorry to hear about your mom's health. This must be a difficult time for you and your family. To nominate a teacher at an Oklahoma state funded school, please visit Arvest Bank on Facebook.
Arvest Blog Admin on 10/17/2016 at 8:42 PM
Donna - Sounds like Iva is a great teacher! Please visit the Arvest Bank Facebook page to nominate Iva as part of this initiative. It's great to hear about so many deserving teachers in Oklahoma!
Jennifer Austin on 10/18/2016 at 12:45 AM
I nominate Andie Amis a new teacher at Roosevelt Elementary in Norman Oklahoma. Andie is just starting out as a new teacher but she has enthusiasm for her job and loves teaching young kids. She is so excited to be teaching in Oklahoma and is such an asset to Norman Schools. Andie could use the money to build up her classroom as a new teacher on a budget.
Jennifer Austin on 10/18/2016 at 12:49 AM
I nominate Kara Amis a teacher at Truman Elementary in Norman Oklahoma. Kara loves teaching and encouraging young minds. She spends a lot of her own money to make her classroom a fun learning environment for the kids. Kara would be incredibly creative with any Money she wins and probably make it go a long way towards shaping sound minds.
Helen Pugh on 10/18/2016 at 1:06 AM
I nominate Helen Pugh. I have worked with her for 6 years. I was honored to have her as my mentor for the first three. I aspire to be a teacher like her one day. I was also blessed enough to have my son in her class last year. The compassion and love she shows every single student is so apparent. She not only teaches, but builds relationships that span a lifetime. I've seen so many of her past students (26yrs worth) come back to visit her. She is a teacher who teaches from love, all the while balancing being a Mom and a Grandma. Every role and every job she has she does with such ease and love that you can't help but be drawn to her!
Arvest Blog Admin on 10/18/2016 at 2:27 PM
Jeff, Jennifer and Helen - Thanks for sharing about awesome Oklahoma teachers! To nominate these hard-working teachers, please visit the Arvest Bank Facebook page and comment on the post about this initiative. We appreciate your desire to recognize local teachers!
Matt Lair on 10/18/2016 at 5:09 PM
I would like to nominate Dedra Carver at Dewey Elementary School in Dewey, OK. She is a Pre-K teacher and has had all 4 of my children go through her class. She is a wonderful teacher who has a big heart and loves her kids! My current child in her class is our youngest and has Autism. She and the other teachers and helpers love my son and always show great patience and put a lot of their time into helping him get the most he can out of school. They even call and check in on him out of school hours. I hope you will consider Mrs. Carver for your award as I know she could always use a little extra help to give her students the very best!
Beverly Boyer on 10/18/2016 at 7:39 PM
I nominate Mrs. Penny McGill, who teaches Speech, Drama,and Debate, as well as the Annual All School Musical at Muskogee High School. Mrs. McGill has the most diverse cast of all the competitions and tournaments I have ever attended or helped judge. She has, with her own funds, students have the proper clothing for competition, whether it be a tie or jacket. With educational funding taking most of the cuts here in Oklahoma, she could certainly use the money to help students pay entry fees, pay for transportation, and/or costumes.
Jacob Beck on 10/18/2016 at 9:42 PM
There is no post on your facebook page about this.
Arvest Blog Admin on 10/18/2016 at 9:56 PM
Matt and Beverly - It's great to hear about these dedicated teachers. To nomination them, please visit the Arvest Bank Facebook page and comment on the post about this initiative. We look forward to receiving your nominations.
Arvest Blog Admin on 10/18/2016 at 10:02 PM
Jacob - Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry to hear you're not able to view the Facebook post. If you can't view the Facebook post, then please submit your nomination to aspradlin@arvest.com. Thanks for your interest in supporting Oklahoma teachers!
Melissa Elridge on 10/19/2016 at 1:53 PM
I nominate my daughter in law Joanna Eldridge who teaches special education at Edgemere Elementary. She is a dedicated and wonderful teacher that truly cares about her students.
Arvest Blog Admin on 10/19/2016 at 3:26 PM

Melissa - It's great to hear about caring teachers! To nominate your daughter-in-law, please visit our Facebook page and comment on the post about this initiative. We appreciate the dedication of your daughter-in-law and other Oklahoma teachers!

Lana Wrenn-Holland on 10/19/2016 at 8:02 PM
I nominate Ms. Destiny Warrior to receive this $500.00 for her 6the grade class at Jarman Jr. High School. She gives 200% of her time to educate mostly low-income students. Most of the time the students parents have no money to buy school supplies. So Ms. Warrior purchase them for her students and has also asked her family to donate funds to help. She also teaches a college course once or twice per week at the Univ. of Oklahoma. Ms Warrior so deserves these funds to help her students.
Arvest Blog Admin on 10/19/2016 at 8:41 PM
Lana - Destiny sounds like a blessing in the lives of her students and their families. Please visit our Facebook page and comment on the post about this initiative to nominate her. What a blessing to have people like Destiny teaching Oklahoma youth.
Fern canary on 10/19/2016 at 11:19 PM
Tiffany Brown teaches pre k at creek wood early childhood center in broken arrow ok. Tiffany is such an inspiration to these little ones knowing that she is their first climpse into an education. Tiffany starts the first day of school with many little ones with zero home training and at the end of the year they are excelled to a point that she knows she has done her job and confident that those children WILl succeed. Tiffany LOVES teaching!
Kim Conley on 10/19/2016 at 11:47 PM
Mr. Taylor and Mr. Muligion of Pryor High School agriculture Department go beyond what they do for their students and what they do with them and what they teach them and show them that they can accomplish I believe these two teachers are very deserving of the $500 for their classrooms
Dotti Brix on 10/20/2016 at 11:47 AM
Mrs. Jennifer Simpson is a preschool teacher at Ellington Elementary School in Wagoner, Oklahoma. She was a new teacher, fresh from college when my daughter started preschool. My daughter is 21 years old now,& her daughter is now a student in Mrs. Simpsons class. She is such a good teacher,& so sweet and patient, even after over 15 years of teaching.If any teacher ever deserved this $, she and her students definitely do.
Tabitha Schneider on 10/20/2016 at 1:48 PM
I can't locate the post to nominate...I have looked through the FB page and the link in the email shows an error when it is clicked on.
Arvest Blog Admin on 10/20/2016 at 1:56 PM
Fern, Kim and Dotti - Thanks for sharing about these caring teachers. We'd love to have them included for consideration of the $500. Please visit our Facebook page and comment on the post about this initiative to nominate them. Oklahoma students are lucky to have teachers like these!
Arvest Blog Admin on 10/20/2016 at 1:58 PM

Tabitha - Thanks for your interest in nominating a teacher! The post will show on the Arvest Bank Facebook page for those people whose current city on their Facebook profile is one of the cities listed in this blog post as eligible to win. If you're not able to view the Facebook post, then you can submit nominations to aspradlin@arvest.com. We appreciate your interest in supporting Oklahoma teachers!

David Corbett on 10/20/2016 at 6:00 PM
David works hard to help his students and keep them highly interested in all aspects of science.
Arvest Blog Admin on 10/21/2016 at 1:28 PM
David - We appreciate all that Oklahoma teachers do for their students! Please make a nomination on the Arvest Bank Facebook post about this initiative. We look forward to receiving your nomination!
Shirley Brunkhorst on 10/21/2016 at 8:58 PM
I nominate Katie Davison , who teacher's at Quinton, Ok she is very devoted to her job
Arvest Blog Admin on 10/21/2016 at 9:19 PM
Shirley - We'd love to have Katie considered for this recognition! Please nominate her on our Facebook post about this initiative. Thanks for supporting Oklahoma teachers!
Sharon VanDevender on 10/22/2016 at 9:25 PM
I nominate Amanda Whiteley, a first grade teacher at Zion School in Adair County in Oklahoma because she thoroughly enjoys teaching in an energetic way and she loves all her students unconditionally.
Talesa wilson on 10/23/2016 at 7:18 PM
I would like to nominate Mrs.Kee she is a 2nd grade teacher at Watts Elementary school,OK, I am an aid in her class and I think she would deserve this due to her taking her to make sure her class knows and understand. She is a wonderful lady, and an amazing, hard working, teacher.
Linda Caton on 10/23/2016 at 9:27 PM
I nominate Diane Holtz who teaches 1st thru 5th grade art classes at the Will Rogers elementary school. When budget is cut in the schools the art and music dept seem to be the ones that get cut the most. With the low wages of our Oklahoma teachers and cost of supplies going up Diane never wants her kids to go without so she will use her own money to have what she needs to inspire her kids in the arts. Diane is very passionate in and out of the class room about "her little ones" in spite of the long hours and low budget. Her children at Will Rogers deserves the $500.00. Thank you Arvest for supporting our children.
Carl Martin on 10/24/2016 at 12:06 AM
Went to nominate my wife to receive $500 as ateacher. Date was 10/23/16 at 7PM but there was no link on the facebook page to do this. My wife leaves the house at 6 am and many times does not come home until 6 or 7 PM. She works for a extremely low income school and many times buys some of her science stuff out of her own pocket. I am a trucker driver and make more money than my wife does as a teacher
Peggy Ritchie on 10/24/2016 at 12:43 AM
My daughter, Rhoda Dixon, Teaches Kindergarten at Westville Elementary. She deserves this award!,
Amanda Phelps on 10/24/2016 at 1:33 AM
Bethany Dary teaches 1st grade at Ator Elementary in Owasso, OK. She is a first year teacher and goes out of her way to take care of our boy who has type1 Diabetes. She is an awesome teacher,
Arvest Blog Admin on 10/24/2016 at 2:18 PM
Sharon, Talesa, Linda, Carl, Peggy and Amanda - Thank you for your interest in nominating dedicated Oklahoma teachers. Nominations are accepted by commenting on the Facebook post asking for nominations. If you're unable to view the Facebook post, then please email your nomination to aspradlin@arvest.com. We appreciate your interest in Oklahoma teachers!