Apple Pay Compatibility Moved to October

Wednesday, June 10 at 03:10 PM

Update 10/12/15: Arvest Debit, Credit and Spending Cards are now available in ApplePay! Learn more at arvest.com/applepay.

We regret to announce the further delay of Apple Pay availability to Arvest debit and credit cardholders. At this time, our processing partner estimates we’ll be able to roll out Apple Pay in October, but this date could change again depending on progress of the project. They had previously estimated spring, and then summer of 2015. Arvest is not able to move forward with Apple Pay until our processing partner completes its work. We understand this is very frustrating not only for us, but for you, our valued customers. We apologize for incorrectly communicating to you that Apple Pay would be ready this summer.

Once Apple Pay is available we’ll announce it on arvest.com, Arvest Bank on Facebook* and @ArvestBank on Twitter.* We will also email customers who use mobile banking on an Apple device. Please ensure you have an up-to-date email address with Arvest so you will receive this update. Update your email address by calling Customer Service at (866) 952-9523 or through online banking.

We apologize for this shift in schedule. Rest assured we’re working diligently with our vendor to make this exciting feature available to our customers as soon as possible.

Links marked with * go to a third-party site not operated or endorsed by Arvest Bank, an FDIC-insured institution.

Tags: Technology
yo Mama on 6/18/2015 at 6:07 AM
Truly pathetic. Time for a more sophisticated processing partner? There is shame to be felt here. Is it you, is it them? You decide. I'm ready to take my bus. elsewhere.
Arvest Blog Admin on 6/18/2015 at 2:54 PM
We understand the delays with Apple Pay are frustrating. We're disappointed with our processing partner too and wish this feature would've been available to our customers sooner.
James L. LeFevre on 6/19/2015 at 10:47 PM

This delay is intorallable. If you miss your October date I will take my business elsewhere. Someone needs their a** kicked.

*Comment edited by Blog Admin on 6/22/15.

Seriously on 6/20/2015 at 12:44 AM
So is arvest going to offer its customers anything that have waited for this feature for so long? Sad
Arvest Blog Admin on 6/22/2015 at 1:56 PM
We recognize the delay with Apple Pay is disappointing. We apologize for the frustration and inconvenience of not having this feature available yet. We too wish it would've been available sooner.
Sheila on 6/23/2015 at 3:44 PM
It's not that big of a deal that it's not launching on time. With all the hacking and stealing personal information going on, I would much rather wait, so when it does become available, it's secure. Arvest is the best bank, love all your locations, and availability.
Dan B on 6/23/2015 at 4:53 PM
I see the people complaining on here, but I guess they don't realize that almost no store or restaurant is ApplePay-ready either. I tried using it at CVS (who claims to accept it) with another bank's card, and it didn't work. Definitely too many people complaining about First-World problems.
"Bob" on 7/13/2015 at 2:32 AM
I really wish this would happen. There have been other Financial institutions that have added this feature as of late. What's with the wait? I mean your a bank, give the people what they want.
Arvest Blog Admin on 7/13/2015 at 3:26 PM
Bob - We too are anxious to release Apple Pay. Arvest is not able to move forward with Apple Pay until our processing partner completes its work. We too wish it would've been available sooner.
Justin on 8/26/2015 at 4:19 PM
Im with a lot of other people, I am just about ready to swap banks.
Arvest Blog Admin on 8/26/2015 at 8:57 PM
Justin - We're sorry to hear you're frustrated. We hope you can hang with us until October when Apple Pay is scheduled to launch.
b on 9/16/2015 at 8:53 PM
Hilarious that having to wait a little longer for Apple Pay gets people so worked up and threatening to switch banks. I'm sure the haters are still depositing their checks into their Arvest accounts.
David on 9/26/2015 at 4:52 AM
Well it's almost October. How's the progress?
Arvest Blog Admin on 9/28/2015 at 3:22 PM
David - Things are looking good for a mid-October roll out!
June on 10/2/2015 at 4:34 AM
When Apple Pay rolls out what will be our options to get our cards authorized for use? I'm not entirely sure if we have to call to get them set up for use will be the most convenient way. When I called our local bank to see if Arvest was participating in Apple Pay they had no clue what I was talking about. It would be nice if the Arvest app was updated to have some way to authorize our cards for use as an alternative.
Bobby on 10/2/2015 at 12:31 PM
It's October!!! Any word on a date other than "mid October"? We've been waiting and waiting on this feature for a while now. There are so many places to use it now. Lord I hope the wait will end soon!
Arvest Blog Admin on 10/2/2015 at 6:32 PM
June – We’re sorry to hear you weren’t able to get your questions answered when you called your local bank. Eligible cards can be added to Apple Pay right from your Apple Pay compatible device. Once we launch Apple Pay, instructions on how to do this will be available on our website. Thanks for allowing us to serve you.
Arvest Blog Admin on 10/2/2015 at 6:35 PM
Bobby – We’re in the late stages of testing Apple Pay and will launch it as soon as testing is finished. We appreciate your patience.
June on 10/9/2015 at 5:02 PM
I'm seeing my debit and credit cards being added to Apple Pay already and saying they're ready for Apple Pay! Haven't had a chance to see if they work yet. I'm guessing it's at its final stages?
Arvest Blog Admin on 10/9/2015 at 5:55 PM
June - We are in the late stages of testing Apple Pay. Feel free to join the testing!