Arvest ATM Preferences Now Available!

Tuesday, April 16 at 08:10 AM

Have you ever gone to an ATM in a bit of a hurry and felt you couldn’t simply swipe your card, enter your PIN and go? After all, how fast is ‘fast-cash’ when you are required to navigate through multiple steps just to select ‘fast-cash’?

We are pleased to announce Arvest has rolled out ATM Preferences! Arvest customers can now select their transaction preferences at any Arvest ATM the next time they use it. If you don’t feel like making the decision the next time you visit the ATM, then don’t worry; you can change your ATM Preferences at any time.

ATM Preferences include:

• Preferred language
  • 'Fast Cash' amount
  • Receipt printing

Of our customers that have begun using ATM Preferences 31.48 percent have already chosen their preferred ‘fast cash’ amount with $20 as the most popular ‘fast cash’ preference, followed by $40. Additionally, 71 percent have opted to always get a receipt, 17 percent have opted to be asked every time if they want a receipt and 11 percent have opted to never get a receipt.

Please keep in mind, Arvest ATM preferences will only apply to transactions completed at Arvest ATMs. You are not required to use these free ATM Preferences, but they are available to Arvest customers if desired. This option is available now! Click here to find an ATM near you!

Tags: Cash Management, Debit Cards
Judy Brown on 6/3/2013 at 11:00 PM
I skipped setting preferences at atm, but now it's stuck in Spanish. When I press change preferences it comes up with two foreign languages with no option for English. I want English, I'm an American and living in the middle of America!!!
Arvest Blog Admin on 6/4/2013 at 1:14 PM
Judy - Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the ATM. We want to help. Please email us your contact information at interact@arvest.com so we can have someone contact you to help resolve the issue.
Kendra on 7/5/2013 at 2:41 PM
I get $200 from the an Arvest ATM each payday for my husband and myself. Recently, it began giving me five 20's and one $100 bill. I have no desire to carry around large bills. They are difficult to break. I now have to make two separate transactions to ensure I get 20's. I wish I could set denomination preferences.
Arvest Blog Admin on 7/5/2013 at 4:24 PM
Kendra - Thanks for the feedback. We'll pass it along to the appropriate team for consideration. We appreciate your business.
Scott Livingston on 7/13/2013 at 10:45 PM

I have been to the ATM early in the morning to deposit cash into my account. The machine constantly kicks back my bills. These are not crumpled or marked up either. They are fresh from a bank. I tried repeatedly to get this money deposited, but it just wouldn't take them!! I was actually late for work trying to deposit this cash, needless to say I was quite ****** off. I love Arvest bank, they've been the best bank I've ever had the pleasure of banking with, but this issue has really got under my skin. I thought with these new ATM's, being able to directly deposit cash and checks, was a great thing. they worked great at first, but recently they have not. I don't know if they need to be cleaned more regularly or what, but they are getting worse. Please look into this situation, I can't be the only person who is having trouble with this issue. Thanks for letting me vent, I still love Arvest and continue telling my friends what a good bank you are. Sincerely, Scott Livingston

*This comment was edited by the Blog Admin.

Arvest Blog Admin on 7/15/2013 at 2:52 PM

Scott - We're sorry to hear the ATM is kicking back bills you're trying to deposit. Please email us at interact@arvest.com the location of the ATM doing this so we can investigate. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Kody on 9/6/2013 at 1:09 AM
I just tried depositing $540 into the atm and after it took my cash it told me that it was unable to accept deposits at this time. It did not return my money nor credit my account! Very upset!!!! I reported this to arvest customer service and I'm very ticked off! Please resolve this ASAP!!!!
Arvest Blog Admin on 9/6/2013 at 3:07 PM
Kody - We're sorry for the inconvenience. We understand this must be very frustrating. We've confirmed our research department is looking into this. Let us know if you'd like further updates, and we can call you when we have more information.
Marcy on 9/29/2013 at 1:28 AM
The ATM just took my $220 and then said it could not count it or return it! It gave me no receipt either! I took a photo of the screen and that's the only proof I have! How do I get my money?! All arvest numbers are "closed at this time". I need to be able to get my money! This is completely unacceptable.
Arvest Blog Admin on 9/30/2013 at 1:49 PM
Marcy - We apologize for the ATM error you encountered. We will have a member of local management look into the situation and reach out to you. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention.
Tara on 10/23/2013 at 5:29 AM
I deposited money in my account via ATM, due to the bank being closed. The receipt even states it was there, but when I went to check my account online to pay a bill, the money wasn't there nor pending. Im so frustrated.
Arvest Blog Admin on 10/23/2013 at 1:42 PM
Tara - We are sorry to hear you are frustrated. Please email your phone number, the best time to call and the ATM in question to interact@arvest.com. We can call you to help address the situation.
Sharon Symes Freeman on 11/5/2013 at 6:26 PM
I did an ATM withdrawal from my checking account for $20 , at a Walgreen's 2681 W Republic Rd Springfield, MO 65807. Today I saw a change for $2.00 for that transaction. Since when do I get that charge? I was never notified of that & I pay a monthly charge to have an account with Arvest. If this charge happens every time I use my ATM card I won't do it.
Arvest Blog Admin on 11/5/2013 at 9:34 PM
Sharon - Thanks for making us aware of the charge. This is an error and has been corrected. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Lyndsey Hardman on 12/10/2013 at 6:37 AM
I deposited my payroll check for 495 dollars through the ATM on Saturday. I received the 200 dollars at the time but have been waiting on the rest of my money and now it is 12;33 on Tuesday morning. Just wondering when I should receive the rest....I thought you get the rest the next day.
Arvest Blog Admin on 12/10/2013 at 5:12 PM

Lyndsey - Customer Service has made effort to contact you regarding your specific transaction. If you have additional questions, please call Customer Service at (866) 952-9523. Thank you for your business!

Carla Butler on 12/17/2013 at 2:00 PM
It would be helpful if the ATM would give smaller denominations instead of only $20's. $5's and $10's would be appreciated. It is inconvenient to have to break down the money if I could have received the desired amount directly from the ATM. Thanks.
Arvest Blog Admin on 12/17/2013 at 3:39 PM
Hi Carla - Thanks for the feedback. Is there any particular ATM where you'd like to see smaller bills so we can pass the feedback along to local management?
Carla Butler on 12/17/2013 at 8:42 PM
Thanks for the response. I live in Lees Summit, MO and always use the ATM's at 911 NE Sam Walton Ln Lee's Summit & 1150 NE Douglas St Lee's Summit. Great employees at both locations!
Arvest Blog Admin on 12/17/2013 at 11:10 PM

Hi Carla - Thanks for the addresses! We'll be sure to pass your feedback along to the team who manages those ATMs. We appreciate your business!

Hannah Nethon on 12/25/2013 at 3:46 AM
I just went to the bank to deposite a $1900 check and it took my check...It said we encountered a problem returning the check! What do I need to do? That is a lot of money that is just setting in a ATM machine! I know it is Christmas eve but please respond!
Arvest Blog Admin on 12/26/2013 at 2:47 PM
Hannah - We're sorry to hear you're having difficulty with an ATM check deposit. Please call customer service at (866) 952-9523 with the address of the ATM so they can look into it. Thank you.
Amanda Petrone on 1/1/2014 at 4:02 AM
I just tried to deposit $67 into my account with the ATM due to the banks new year closure. it didn't deposit my money or give it back it just . it had a problem returning my money! I need to know how to resolve this I was counting on this money for my Childs diapers this is awful and the customer service is closed. I'm not sure what to do but this is just horrible customer I will not, only take this to small claims if my money isn't returned I will also close my accounts. just awful fix your machines u can't just take money like that ! terrible
Arvest Blog Admin on 1/2/2014 at 3:12 PM
Amanda - We're sorry you had an issue with an ATM on New Year's Day. Our blog and social media channels are managed by the marketing department. We have forwarded your concern along to customer service who should be in touch with you today. Or, you can reach out to them at (866) 952-9523. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Logan on 1/10/2014 at 6:10 AM
I just tried to deposit $80 into my account at an arvest ATM and it said it was unable to read my cash, sounded like it was jammed, spit out a receipt saying it could not count the cash and it would give it back but it did not . Did I just lose $80 wtf arvest ?
Arvest Blog Admin on 1/10/2014 at 2:16 PM
Logan - We're sorry you had difficulties depositing at an ATM. Our blog is managed by the marketing department. We have forwarded your concern along to customer service who should be in touch with you today. Or, you can reach out to them at (866) 952-9523. We're sorry for the inconvenience.
Lester on 4/19/2014 at 2:38 AM
I went to deposit my check together with $300 cash. I deposited my check first and got a receipt for the deposit and then the ATM asked me if I wanted to make more deposits and I said yes and it gave me the option to select if I wanted to deposit cash or checks and I selected cash and put in $300 and it gave me an error message that there was a problem and that it would not return my cash and asked me to contact customer service, customer service is closed because its after 8pm and I don't have any printout to show that I deposited $300 in there and I checked online and it does not even show that I put in $300. I know the time stamp from the first receipt but nothing to show my transaction. This is horrible and hope you fix my issue because this is horrible service with your machines.
Arvest Blog Admin on 4/21/2014 at 1:44 PM
Lester - Thanks for visiting the Arvest Blog. We apologize customer service wasn’t open to assist you after 8 p.m. We've passed your message along to customer service, and they should be in touch shortly. Or, you can call customer service at(866) 952-9523 Monday - Friday 7 a.m. - 8 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. We're sorry for the inconvenience.
kelsey on 5/21/2014 at 4:13 PM
I made a cash deposit yesterday using the atm because the bank was closed. I got a receipt at the time of the deposit, and the receipt reflected the deposit. However, it still has not shown up when I check the online banking or call the automated line. It was only a $400 deposit, is there a reason it still hasn't shown up or reflected the deposit in my balance?
Arvest Blog Admin on 5/21/2014 at 4:35 PM
Kelsey - Some ATM deposits from last night are not currently showing up. This is being corrected and the transaction should show up shortly. If you still do not see the deposit post to your account, then please call customer service at (866) 952-9523. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Tashika on 5/28/2014 at 1:45 PM
I have been experiencing the same issue that Scott Livingston posted on 7/13/2013 at 10:45 PM. I have had this issue at various locations. All of my bills are in good shape and I make sure they are all facing the same direction. I was thinking that is may be a cleaning issue as well.
Arvest Blog Admin on 5/28/2014 at 3:11 PM
Tashika - Thanks for the feedback. We'll pass this along to the appropriate team so they can look into it.
Corey on 6/7/2014 at 12:49 PM
Second time I have made a cash deposit at an ATM. I thought I could trust arvest because I have used them so long. I have recently deposited 150 dollars then machine froze and I have yet to see the money. And it has been two weeks now
Arvest Blog Admin on 6/9/2014 at 2:17 PM
Corey - We're sorry to hear you had difficulty with a deposit. Please call Customer Service at (866) 952-9523 for assistance. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate the opportunity to earn your business.
naomi leon on 6/17/2014 at 4:28 AM
I made a deposit today at 10 15 for 156 dollars and the told me it wasn't able to process my deposit at this time and it took my money and didn't give it back nor it credit my account and on top of that it didn't give me a receipt.... what should I do since it was after bank hours
Arvest Blog Admin on 6/17/2014 at 1:17 PM
Naomi - We apologize you had an issue with an ATM after hours. Please contact Customer Service at (866) 952-9523 for help. Customer Service hours are Monday-Friday 7 a.m. - 8 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you!
Sheila Bradley on 11/5/2014 at 12:21 PM
I withdrew $2,000 on 2 seperated transactions because it wouldn't let me just do one. I counted the first which was $1,000 then on the 2nd transaction I only got $960 I don't bank with Arvest I just use the ATM since its close to home, is there any way ill get the other $40 they were closed at 5:30 this morning so I couldn't tell anyone?
Arvest Blog Admin on 11/5/2014 at 2:40 PM
Sheila - We're sorry to hear you had trouble with an ATM transaction. We've forwarded your inquiry along to Customer Service who will reach out to you. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Alexis Stewart on 1/23/2015 at 4:39 PM
Two days ago I put $96 into an atm. It took my money and told me it couldn't properly be counted and that my money couldnt be returned to me. After, i talked to someone inside the bank and she filed an atm dispute and I was supposed to get a call from someone that could resolve the problem the next day. No one called me, is there a number I can call to take care of it myself?
Arvest Blog Admin on 1/23/2015 at 7:41 PM
Alexis - We apologize you had trouble with an ATM transaction and that you didn't hear back from Arvest as expected. Customer Service can check the status of the ATM dispute if you call them at (866) 952-9523. We're sorry for the inconvenience.
Charles Thompson on 5/23/2015 at 1:34 PM
I deposited $170 in the atm last night. It spit a receipt that says it cannot return my money, and did not credit my account. This made me miss a deadline payment, and cost me several extra fee's due to a late payment because of this. I contacted customer service this morning, and they said they would fill out a dispute. I may or may not get credited today. I WILL NEVER USE THESE ATM MACHINES AGAIN. I cant believe a bank cannot fix this quickly. I am out my hard earned money thanks to Arvest bank. Being stolen from by a bank, is the worst.
Arvest Blog Admin on 5/26/2015 at 3:03 PM
Charles - We're sorry to hear about your experience. Please email interact@arvest.com your contact information and the ATM you used so we can check on the status of your dispute. Thanks for allowing us the opportunity to earn your business.
Rochelle Sheets on 9/10/2015 at 8:50 AM
I don't have an ATM problem, or question about ATM. My question is - I have used Arvest for 6 years, best bank, great employees. I moved to PA and there is not an Arvest bank for 100's of miles, but I still have you as my bank cuz as I said, your the best! Is there any way for me to use an ATM that will not charge me a fee, or you don't charge me a fee, since I am so far away? Also, can I give you an account and routing number to you and have my rent taken out of my account and put into my landlord's bank on the 1st day of each month? Thank you in advance.
Arvest Blog Admin on 9/10/2015 at 2:50 PM

Rochelle - We appreciate your business! We've passed your inquiry along to the bank where you set up your account, and they'll be in touch. In the meantime, you're welcome to contact Customer Service at (866) 952-9523, if you desire. Thanks for allowing us to serve you.

Billie on 1/18/2016 at 12:51 PM
On Friday January 15,2016 at around 5:30pm or 6, I made a deposit through the drive thru outside for $816 and even was printed on the receipt. I then went back 10 mins later and withdrew $600 all through the drive thru. I got home cleaned out my car and threw away the receipt. Yesterday I checked my account so I could transfer money into my other account and it says I only have $67 and that I had only deposited $667. This is bs. I want to know what am I going to do now. Am I out $139 or what? This is money we needed for bills and now it's gone?
Arvest Blog Admin on 1/18/2016 at 5:52 PM
Billie - We're sorry to hear about your experience. To file an ATM dispute please call (866) 952-9523 or visit your local branch.
michelle pearce on 3/20/2016 at 9:24 PM
I have used arvest forever loved the bank! but lately the Atm is not working right it messed up once before not giving my hubby his money now this time is enough to make me move !! I am very upset you should be able to trust or feel secure in using your bank right ??? well at atm in jenks ok dep my check in sav and then turn around to withdraw like I always do ................well it started freezing up stuck on screens unfroze then spits out a ticket saying it gave me money ?? NO IT DID NOT ! emailed them as soon as I got home cant call they are closed only money I had to my name gone! it is weekend so they better pay me pull the count on atm hopfully the 4 cars behind me didnt get my money pushed out if jammed! not happy seeing others have issues with atm
Arvest Blog Admin on 3/21/2016 at 2:00 PM
Michelle - We appreciate your business and are sorry to hear you and your husband have had difficulty with ATMs. We've forwarded your message along to local management who will be in touch. If you'd like to speak to someone before then, feel free to reach out to Customer Service at (866) 952-9523 or visit your local branch. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you.
Kenzie on 4/1/2016 at 2:25 AM
I deposited $190 in the ATM and it printed a receipt saying the money was in there but it is nowhere to be found.
Arvest Blog Admin on 4/1/2016 at 2:55 PM
Kenzie - Please read about funds availability at: http://bit.ly/1oq9c0o. If you can't access your funds in the time frame outlined, then please call Customer Service at (866) 952-9523 or visit your local branch. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you.
Roy white on 8/4/2016 at 6:36 AM

I just deposit 160 dollars cash into atm and it went thru. Got a print out and it said it deposit. I went to check my account now and its not showing the deposit or money. I am ******. Wtf is going on. I went to the atm at arvest bank on coner of mingo and 31st. Please help. Thats all my money

*Comment edited by Blog Admin 8/4/16 to maintain appropriate language.

Arvest Blog Admin on 8/4/2016 at 2:16 PM
Roy - We've passed your comment along to Tulsa management who will follow up with you at the email address you provided.
Autumn Gaiski on 8/6/2016 at 6:53 AM
I just tried to deposit $172.00 in cash at the ATM. It is frozen and says bills were unreadable. I've been sitting her for 30 minutes, afraid it's going to spit my money back out and I'll lose it. Please help!
Arvest Blog Admin on 8/8/2016 at 2:06 PM
Autumn - We're sorry to hear about your ATM experience. We've passed your information along to local management who will follow up with you.
M.V. Sterling on 12/18/2016 at 4:45 AM
This is a disaster! Wha am I supposed to do? I had to make an emergency cash deposit at the South Western OKC branch ATM in the snow tonight which is Saturday night. My bills were all flat and fine. $400! It says my bills were unreadable and to remove them, but it will not spot them out and is stuck on that screen! It will not complete the transaction or give me my debit card back! I need my card tomorrow! This is completely unacceptable and a total disaster. Now I have no cash and no card and tomorrow is Sunday! I had to leave my car blocking the ATM. I had no choice but to call the police. I was on foot in the snow and freezing weather. The police filed a report, but what else could they do. I left my car there and my cash and card are in the machine. I can't find any emergency contacts. Please help me. Please respond. This is an utter catastrophe. How can this even happen??
Arvest Blog Admin on 12/19/2016 at 8:04 PM
M.V. Sterling - We're sorry to hear about your experience with the ATM, especially on a snowy weekend night. We understand this must be not only inconvenient but also frustrating. We understand you've been in touch with Arvest representatives. If you need additional assistance, please reach out to the Arvest branch associates who assisted you. We're sorry to hear about your situation.
Monics on 12/30/2016 at 10:13 AM
I was wondering if your ATMs accept money orders. I deposit my check after work every other Friday. Since I get off at 6am your ATM machine is very convenient for me. I've been sitting on 2 money orders for a few weeks. I'd like to get them out of my wallet. Can I deposit via ATM or should I set an alarm clock for normal business hours?
Arvest Blog Admin on 12/30/2016 at 3:53 PM
Hi Monics - Thanks for your question! Yes, you should be able to deposit money orders at Arvest ATMs. If you have additional concerns about depositing money orders, you are welcome to give us a call at (866) 952-9523. Thank you!
Tom belk on 1/14/2018 at 2:51 PM
using the atm at Arvest (where I bank) I made a withdrawal transaction of 600 because I thought this was the max amount that could be withdrawn per transaction so then I tried to withdraw another 200 and it declined the withdrawal so I went to the drive through and got 200 from the teller. The problem is that now my account shows that the 200 that was declined from the atm is pending putting my account in a negative balance. If the extra 200 was not pendant, my account would be in the positive!!! I’m angry
Arvest Blog Admin on 1/30/2018 at 2:53 PM
Tom - We apologize for the inconvenience and hope your account was not in the negative. If this issue has not been resolved, please call us at (866) 952-9523 to sort it out. Thank you!
Bev on 2/2/2018 at 12:54 AM
Why are the images NOT showing up on the transaction list in online banking? I understand Virtual Deposits are coming to each location in the coming weeks, but I didn't know the images would disappear before those dates. And what is the advantage of Virtual Deposits to us as customers? So far I have asked this question at several locations and the only answer I get is "we have options you can purchase if you still want to be able to see your transactions". Please let me know, as I track multiple transactions daily, and I'm trying to figure out how I can continue doing this. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Arvest Blog Admin on 2/8/2018 at 2:58 PM
Hi Bev, we apologize for any inconveniences with online banking. To help with your image issues, please contact us at (866) 952-9523. Thank you!
Kim on 5/12/2018 at 10:58 PM
I went to deposit cash (over one hundred, but not sure the exact amount) and the ATM kept my cash & gave me a receipt that said they had encountered a problem returning my money and to contact my financial instution. I did! Now they said it could take up to 10 days (however most issues were resolved faster) I'm now going on 5 days with no update as to why it was declined in the first place.
Arvest Blog Admin on 5/14/2018 at 1:32 PM
Hi Kim – We want to connect with you and find the right team to answer your question. Would you mind sharing your contact information to interact@arvest.com?
Kristopher Montano on 8/4/2018 at 10:53 PM
I am curious can I get a money order printed directly from the ATM, or is this something that has to be done inside a branch?
Arvest Blog Admin on 8/6/2018 at 2:19 PM
Hi Kristopher, money orders will need to be purchased and picked up inside of an Arvest branch. Details on the pricing of these items can be found online: https://www.arvest.com/askarvest?typeId=0&q=money+orders#?cludoquery=money%20orders&cludopage=1