Arvest Answers Questions About Acquisition of 29 Branches

Friday, March 22 at 08:25 AM

As many of you know, Arvest is acquiring 29 Bank of America branches in Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma as of close of business on Friday, March 22, 2013. Here are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions by our newly converted Bank of America customers. For answers to questions not discussed here, call Customer Service at (855) 768-8784 or visit arvest.com/welcome.

The following information pertains primarily to newly converted Bank of America customers.

What about my online banking and mobile banking access?

You should have already received a letter with your new Arvest Online Banking Login ID and password. Arvest Online Banking and Mobile Banking will not be available until Monday, March 25. At that time you can log in to Online Banking and register for Mobile Banking. Read more about how you will begin using Arvest’s online services for the first time.

Starting on Monday, March 25, you will only see transaction history from Arvest Bank inside Arvest Online Banking. Your historical Bank of America online statements, as well as cleared check images, will not be available on Bank of America online banking after Monday, March 25.

Click here for an online banking demo and instructions to modify your Quicken® or QuickBooks™ setting (if you currently use these tools) to help ensure a smooth transition of your data.

What about online bill payments?
Arvest’s Online BillPay allows you to receive bills and make payments online. You can set up recurring payments to be paid automatically at the frequency you specify. Access your new Online BillPay after you log in to Online Banking by selecting the Bill Payments tab.

On or after Monday, March 25, review your Arvest Online BillPay account to verify the correct information has been transferred. Your current payees, pending and scheduled payments and six months of payment history should transfer automatically to your Arvest Online BillPay. Any eBills will not transfer. You will need to establish any electronic bills you receive from credit card companies, telecommunications companies, etc., in Arvest BillPay on or after Monday, March 25.

Arvest’s Online BillPay will not be available until Monday, March 25. We will transfer your current Bank of America Bill Pay account, payee information and payments to Arvest Bank at that time. You will not be able to access payments in Bank of America’s Bill Pay after 10 p.m. on Tuesday, March 19. Any inquiries about payments scheduled prior to this time should be directed to Bank of America.

What is the routing number for Arvest Bank?
On Saturday, March 23, your routing number will change to 082900872.

Please do not change your routing number with anyone before Saturday, March 23. Any transactions tied to your new account and routing number before Saturday, March 23, will be declined.

What about direct deposits?
Any direct deposits delivered to your Bank of America account on or after Saturday, March 23, will be forwarded for 90 days to your new Arvest account. During that time, Arvest will notify your sources for direct deposit of your account change and new routing number. We ask that you also contact your sources for direct deposit on or after Saturday, March 23, to notify them of the change and to help ensure you will not miss any payment.

If you have payroll, government (i.e., Social Security) or other funds deposited directly to your account, then please complete the Direct Deposit change form and forward it to the source of your direct deposit(s) on or after Saturday, March 23, to help ensure your direct deposits continue without interruption. Please do not contact anyone with your new direct deposit information until on or after Saturday, March 23. Direct deposits into your new Arvest accounts before Saturday, March 23, will not be accepted.

Will I receive a new debit card?
If you currently have a Bank of America debit card or ATM card attached to a checking account, then you should have received a new Arvest Bank Visa® CheckCard to replace your current debit card. Start using your Arvest Bank CheckCard any time after 9:30 p.m. on Friday, March 22. Your Bank of America debit card will not be active after 9:30 p.m. on Friday, March 22; accordingly, any transactions using your Bank of America debit card after that time will be declined. ATM cards attached only to a savings account are not available in all Arvest markets.

Some of the Bank of America ATMs changing to Arvest ATMs may not function from March 22-24. During this time period you can use your new Arvest debit or ATM card at any Arvest ATM to withdraw funds. Additionally, Arvest will waive the non-Arvest ATM withdrawal fee during this transition weekend. Please note, a fee may be charged by the bank owning the ATM.

For answers to questions not discussed above call Customer Service at (855) 768-8784 or visit arvest.com/welcome.

Blog updated by Blog Admin on 6/23/16.

Tags: Arkansas, Arvest Growth, Customer Question, Debit Cards, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma
sandy on 3/25/2013 at 6:08 PM
can I receive a text message when a depoist is made to my account?
Arvest Blog Admin on 3/25/2013 at 9:27 PM

Sandy - Yes, you can create a text message alert for deposits. To do so, log in to your Online Banking and create a “Credit (+) Over Threshold Amount” account alert under Home > Alerts & Messages > Manage Alerts > Create New Alert. Complete the requested details to create an alert for deposits.

To receive the alert as a text message you will need to get your email address for your phone from your mobile phone provider. Then add your phone's email address under Home > Alerts & Messages > Manage Delivery options.

For additional information please contact Customer Service at (855) 768-8784.

robert on 3/28/2013 at 12:09 PM
How long will it take the forwarded transaction ie. direct deposits to show up?
Arvest Blog Admin on 3/28/2013 at 10:02 PM

Robert - Direct deposits will post to your account the same business day they are sent to Bank of America. For example, if your direct deposits have always been credited to your account each Friday, then Arvest will credit those to your new Arvest account on each Friday's business day. We credit all deposits before deducting any transactions from your account, so long as the deposit is received before the end of a business day.

If you have any questions about your direct deposit, please give our Customer Service team a call at (855) 768-8784.

Tammie on 4/15/2013 at 10:58 PM

I am a BofA Customer who's fed up. I'm speech impaired and have NO OPTION other than using the phone. Your CSRs CANNOT understand me. BofA had LIVE CHAT through their website. I'm currently locked out of my accounts on freaking TAX DAY and the CSRs can't understand what I'm saying!!!!!! What options do I have?? NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*This comment has been edited by the blog administrator.

Kayla Hanna on 7/23/2013 at 4:09 AM
im still new to this. what does it mean when my transactions on my online account say pending some are in red and some in black?
Arvest Blog Admin on 7/23/2013 at 2:42 PM
Kayla - We'd like to look into this for you. Please email a screenshot of the red and black pending transactions and what browser you're using to interact@arvest.com so we can look into it. Thanks!
Tiffany on 7/10/2015 at 2:21 PM
I opened a savings account online yesterday. How long will it take for the money I transferred to the account to show up? How long before I can start using my savings account, right now it is not showing up when I login.
Arvest Blog Admin on 7/10/2015 at 6:11 PM

Tiffany - Welcome to Arvest! If you selected to have the account funded by an ACH deposit that can take 3-5 business days. Once the account is funded and goes through nightly processing, any services selected on the new account will be set up the following business day. Thanks for allowing us the chance to serve you!

Deborah Yowell on 2/26/2016 at 2:56 AM
I applyed for a spending card yesterday and made a deposit from my daughter Green dot card I want to candle the card because I was going to use it to pay my car payment They do not aceppt Arvest cards sothe money has not been withdrawn from her Green dot card Can I stop this deposit and cancel the card
Arvest Blog Admin on 2/29/2016 at 5:22 PM
Deborah - Please visit your local Arvest branch for assistance closing a spending card.
Keith on 8/15/2016 at 6:43 PM
If I bring in old check books will Arvest replace those free-of-charge? I would hate to have wasted money on useless checks..
Arvest Blog Admin on 8/15/2016 at 6:57 PM
Keith - A member of our customer service team will reach out to you at the email address you provided to discuss your situation.
Kirstina Scott on 2/17/2018 at 10:26 PM
Last year, 2017, I had to have my card number changed because of an issue and it made me more comfortable to do so. This year, 2018, I was doing my taxes when I realized that normally I do direct deposit. I do not know my account number or routing number off of the top of my head because, like most people, I do not use checks. They automatically save the routing number and account number on file on my tax program- That isn't the issue for me. What I'm wondering is.. Since I had to update my card and change the number, will that mean that my account number and routing number has updated and changed as well? I do not want my taxes depositing into some random account so I would like to verify. Do I physically need to go to a branch to ask a representative about it? I tried signing in on my mobile app and it wouldn't let me log on. I tried getting on a computer and the screen kept refreshing and not allowing me access. I hate talking on a phone. I tried calling the 24/7 account information hotline that was recently created for help. I asked them to reset my password. They told me that they cannot tell me my account information over the phone even though that's what the hotline is for? After he set me up with a new password I figured that was all I needed and I could hopefully sign online. My operator was going to help me further, walk me through something, but never talked again for some time. After waiting, I decided to hang up because I wasn't sure if I lost service or what happened. I tried logging online but now my password won't work at all. I tried again and it locked me out and said I needed to call again. But if I call, they can't help me anyways??? Sorry, just a little irritated. If the change in the new card number wont' affect my routing number then that'll be pleasing to hear so I can just go ahead and file my taxes no problem knowing they're going into the right account. It's a weekend so I can't access my bank right now.
Arvest Blog Admin on 2/20/2018 at 5:48 PM
Kristina - Thank you for contacting us and we apologize for any inconvenience. We're glad we were able to get in touch with you privately and we hope all of your issues are resolved. We did want to share this part of the answer for anyone else who might have a similar issue. Changing your debit card number does not impact your account number nor your routing number. The Arvest Bank Transit Routing Number is 082900872. We can't share any account information publicly. To protect all customer accounts we are not able to give out account number information over the phone. We recommend that you either call customer service to reset your online account login (where you can see your account numbers), or, you could visit a local branch.
Brit on 5/21/2018 at 1:40 PM
I have the cash app and i transferred my friend some money to his bank card around 2:00am and its pending on his bank app does it have to be approved by the bank before the money will be on his card?
Arvest Blog Admin on 5/22/2018 at 1:52 PM
Hi Brit, the receiver of the funds must select whether or not they want to receive it instantly, with a fee, or within a few days, with no fee. Arvest Bank does not perform any sort of approval.