Our next update for Arvest Mobile Banking will add several new features including one which may change the way you make deposits to your account. Mobile Banking will soon add the ability to deposit your check using the camera in your smartphone. This feature will first be released for iPhone by the end of this year and will be followed by an Android release in early 2013.
Coming Soon in the Update
Our development team has been working diligently to bring Mobile Check Deposit to you along with other improvements. The new app update will provide some additional features, including:
- Redesigned location search
- Current rates
- Arvest News feed from arvestblog.com
- Improved BillPay payee nicknames
- Personal financial calculators
About Mobile Check Deposit
Depositing a check to your account will become faster and easier by using your smartphone. Users will simply log into the Mobile Banking app, select Deposit Check from the menu and then use your phone’s camera to take pictures of the front and back of your check. The deposit will process similarly to one made at an ATM, showing as a pending deposit on your account history until the check is verified and the deposit is made.
What Should Arvest Mobile Banking Users Do Now?
Current users of Arvest Mobile Banking can do a few things to make sure they are ready for the new service. If all goes according to plan, we expect the new app to be available within the next 60 days. Some steps you can take now to be prepared:
- The new app will require iOS5 or higher for iPhone. Please upgrade if you are on an older operating system.
- Take a moment to log in to Mobile Banking on your device to ensure you can access Mobile Banking.
- When the new app is ready, you will need to update your app to use the new features.
- Contact the bank to verify your correct email address is on file and up to date so you can receive an email notice once the app is available.
Note - this blog article was updated with new information on 11/20/2012.