What is your bank's plan regarding applying monthly fees to Debit Card use?

Friday, September 30 at 10:40 AM
Category: Personal Finance

What is your bank's plan regarding applying monthly fees to Debit Card Use? I ask this in light of recent news about some banks charging a monthly fee for its debit card use. - M.H.

Thank you for submitting this question, many customers are asking the same type of questions and are concerned about any pricing changes.  We want to answer this issue directly and clearly for all of our customers and customers who are considering Arvest Bank.

Arvest is committed to providing Free Checking and no usage fee for debit cards.  We are also lowering the overdraft fee on Free Checking accounts to $17 beginning November 7, 2011.

Arvest’s Free Checking account continues to have no minimum balance requirement, no monthly fee, free online and mobile banking and no fee for a debit card.  We are committed to providing Free Checking with a free debit card option to our customers.

Anyone who is interested in switching can visit a nearby location or can open an account online in just a few minutes at arvest.com.

Thank you for submitting your question!

Tags: Customer Question
Venom on 9/30/2011 at 11:31 AM

I'm so proud to be an Arvest Customer!! :) GO ARVEST!!

Betty Swan on 9/30/2011 at 12:01 PM

Thank you for your response to this vitally important question. Yeah, Arvest! I have already referred friends to my Arvest, but I shall go further and urge them to move from the high-cost banks to Arvest, where you are greeted as a friend, not just a numbered account. Thanks again, Arvest!

Guy on 9/30/2011 at 2:04 PM

MOST CUSTOMER FRIENDLY BANK ON THE PLANET!! Pleasure doing business with you!

Elizabeth on 9/30/2011 at 3:41 PM

Thanks for looking out for your customers, I really appreciate the no fee debit card use since I live out of state, and use the card a lot because a lot of places don't like to take checks on out of state banks. Keep up the good word, Because I have NO plans to take my account else where.

Toni on 9/30/2011 at 4:49 PM

This past year, I moved from a city that had several branch locations and loved everything about banking with Arvest...(which, incidentally, was recommended to me when I moved to that city by another happy customer)...to a small town where there is no branch. My payroll is no longer automatically deposited, but I opted to drive 35 miles one-way every two weeks to stay with Arvest, and I am so happy that I did...especially now. Every penny counts and I don't know anyone who doesn't appreciate customer service and loyalty. Thank you Arvest!

Cecil Bolen on 9/30/2011 at 11:44 PM

Thanks for holding the line on fees while other banks are trying to take advantage of their customers.  On Monday, 10-3-11, we will begin switching all of our banking activity to Arvest.

Cary on 10/1/2011 at 7:01 AM

ARVEST Bank has been a great bank to me ever since it took over Superior Federal.  I always highly recommend ARVEST to my friends and even to strangers who are seeking a new bank in which to conduct business.  Thank you for being here for your customers!

Steve on 10/1/2011 at 11:39 AM

Arvest is the best bank I have ever been associated with!!! It has the best service, the best people, and the best products. Keep up the good work!!!! "The big bank with the down home feel."

Chris on 10/1/2011 at 6:25 PM

Proud to be an Arvest customer, would cut up my card if there was a monthly fee for using it.

Robert on 10/2/2011 at 9:27 AM

I am VERY happy to hear that Arvest will not follow in the footsteps of Bank of America.  Glad to be an Arvest customer.

Geoff on 10/2/2011 at 12:38 PM

Arvest ROCKS! Thanks for being THE BANK that takes care of its members.

Pat on 10/2/2011 at 8:11 PM

I thank you Arvest.......That is just 1 more good thing about your bank.......some of us are in dire straits.......it helps us to know that you care about people and that you arent after every pennny no matter who it hurts.......Thanks and God bless you

andy on 10/3/2011 at 3:07 PM

I wish you where in kansas witcha area.

Jason on 10/3/2011 at 3:54 PM

Thank you. Your commitment to your customers is why I keep my personal and business accounts with you. Keep up the good work!

Jason on 10/3/2011 at 4:14 PM

Saw the report on TV and was trying to put it into perspective.  It said stores would no longer pay a fee to banks for ppl who use their cards for purchases and that banks would offset those fees through thier customers.  Said stores pay around .25 for each swipe and that most banks would charge each customer around 5.00 per month (I heard a 3.00 in there someplace also). Long to short....I use my card around 8x per month. At .25 a pop offset would be 2.00 not 5.00. Very happy to know Arvest has decided against robbing its customers. Other banks should take note and follow in the footsteps of a REAL bank. Thank you ARVEST

Faye on 10/3/2011 at 4:40 PM

I got on here to ask the same question about the debit card charge. But am glad it was already answered for me I am so glad you won't be charging for using it. For it is so much easier than getting your checkbook out. Thanks  ARVEST  I always reccomend you  to anyone that is wanting a good bank.

kelly on 10/3/2011 at 7:17 PM

This is why I have remained a loyal customer.  With results like that why go anywhere else.

Great service, great banking and great people  Go Arvest

Howard on 10/3/2011 at 10:31 PM

I was a 23 year long customer of Regions Bank, for both my personal accounts and my business accounts.  But due to their $4 debit card fee...plus $15 per month just for the "privilege" of having a small business checking account... I've closed my Regions accounts and moved them all to Arvest.

Here's to 23 more years... but this time with Arvest!!!

Stan Carr on 10/3/2011 at 10:37 PM

Another strong statement of the commitment Arvest has in being a true community minded bank.  I always recommend Arvest to people!

Jason Holden on 9/14/2012 at 10:04 PM
I didn't read this article, but based on the title and Arvests tendency to change the terms after the fact. I'd wager their "plan" is to advertise it as Free then (less than a year later) become so strapped for cash that they start charging you for the privilege of using your money.