Updated Mobile Banking FAQs & Help

Wednesday, November 16 at 07:09 AM
Category: Personal Finance

Many Arvest customers have enrolled and are now using the new Mobile Banking service to check account balances, make transfers, pay bills and perform other banking tasks.  As with any new service, there have been some recurring customer questions about enrollment and getting started.  This article addresses some of the more common start-up questions.  A more comprehensive FAQ can be found here.

How do I enroll?  How do I reset my Online Banking password?
Enrollment takes place inside Arvest Online Banking by selecting the Mobile Banking tab and then following the instructions provided.  If you need assistance logging into Online Banking, please contact customer service at (866) 952-9523.

Will my previous Mobile Banking PIN work for logging into the new version?
No. Mobile Banking now uses the same login and password information you use to access Arvest Online Banking.  If you wish to update your password, you can do so inside the "Preferences" area of Online Banking.

Why do I get a ‘No Connection’ error on the iPhone app?
This is a known issue that is being worked on and should be fixed very soon in an update.  This is caused by the main screen loading before the app is fully launched.  Until that time, if you launch the app, please allow a few moments for it to fully load before selecting the “Login” button.

Why do I get a “System is unavailable” or “This phone is not registered” message when I try to log in?
These messages are displayed when the user isn’t fully enrolled in Mobile Banking or if your device is preventing the use of cookies.  To be fully enrolled, please enter online banking select the Mobile Banking tab, then follow all instructions and save your session at the end. If you need assistance in completing your enrollment, please contact customer service at (866) 952-9523.

How do I change the nicknames on my account?
If you would like to change the account nicknames, log in to Online Banking, select the Mobile Banking tab and then choose Accounts from the menu.  This gives you access to alter the nicknames for each account and choose which ones are displayed by Mobile Banking.  TIP – Make your nicknames short and easy to enter on your phone.

Will Arvest release an Android app?  When?
We recognize the need for an Android app and are working toward providing one for our customers.  We cannot specify the target date at this time but will keep you informed as work progresses.  In the interim, Android users can enroll in Mobile Banking and log in using their web browser or use the Text/SMS Banking option.  We appreciate your patience.

Please visit the Mobile Banking website for additional details and information.

Tags: Mobile Banking, Online Services, Technology
Burley Robertson on 11/2/2011 at 3:03 PM

I've got the new app on my phone. I would like to access two different accounts. How do I do that with the same phone number? One is a personal account and the other is a business account. Can I have both of them on the same app?

Samantha on 11/2/2011 at 7:00 PM

Posting here as well as on the iPhone entry, because the same problem exists on the mobile banking site as well as on the iPhone app...there is no way to view bill amounts or due dates. Why the step BACKWARDS?!? Why even have "bill payments" listed if you cannot view how much you need to pay and when?

DERWIN on 11/2/2011 at 7:27 PM

The new mobile banking system sucks! I maybe out of date but the old system was simple and could access,view and transfer along with bill pay from one spot. This new system if you don"t have a smart phone well just say it"s a pain. Getting help well let's just say customer support does not understand the words 'I do not have a smart phone or mobile web', If you are going to replace a system it should be better than what had.

stephen on 11/3/2011 at 9:24 AM

Thanks alot for messing things up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

christy on 11/3/2011 at 1:54 PM

your answers say to use the same password that I use online, but the when I open the app it only gives me the option to put in numbers.  This is getting very irritating!!!

Shawn on 11/3/2011 at 8:23 PM

Will there be a forthcoming app available through the Market on Android systems?  Using the internet and not an app is very cumbersome and not fast to use.

CP on 11/4/2011 at 6:12 AM

I'm sharing my feedback on your recent iPhone app from the perspective of a software developer. I understand the concept of migrating from one software solution to another; you're often bound by the design of the application and forced to work within the technical infrastructure that it has to offer. While beta testing the new product, did you not notice the significant gap between the two software packages? The feedback on this site along with the iTunes store are proof enough that the user experience alone has created a large fall out with your customer base. If that's not bad enough there are several features missing or not working, so have you really accomplished anything? I'd strongly recommend that you communicate to your mobile users immediately regarding the issues they are frustrated about and promise/deliver a resolution quickly before the damage to your customer base is beyond repair.

accyq9 on 11/4/2011 at 9:15 AM

The new Arvest app is terrible. I have not  been able to access my accounts from the app since this new version was released. I was very happy with the old version and used it ALL the time. This one is worthless to me. If i wanted to use the web interface, I would bookmark and go through the web. This app is just a window to the web, this is a huge step backwards from the previous app.

Kristy on 11/4/2011 at 10:50 AM

I do not like this app as well as the old one.

A)  I continue getting the no arvest connection... solution is to wait a while before actuallly trying to sign in.. However, if you have a phone lock system on your phone then it often goes to "sleep" before the app actually loads

2) I feel the point of an app is to be quicker than web searching on the internet via smart phone... This app is not faster.  I have saved my userid and had it remember me... so I should only need to enter my password, but this takes a while and the cursor does not go directly to the login.. plus it takes a long time to process this screen.

3.  While the features seem closer to the actual web site, and I do like that, the app needs to be tweeked to be just a bit faster and more user friendly.

If given the choice, I still like the old app better.. I used it daily..

kristy on 11/4/2011 at 10:52 AM

i would also like to see the account logged out on close of app...

MB on 11/7/2011 at 9:58 AM

Your software developers need to take the saying "if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it" to heart.  This new app is definitely a step backwards.  It is so full of extra steps, unnessary screens and is very buggy.

Plus, I was never given any indication that the old app was obsolete.  I tried for multiple days accessing the old app, but was just greeted with a maintainence page.  It should be a common courtesy to send out a letter or at least a email telling your customers that a change was going to take place.

With all the banks being competative these days, I would have thought that Arvest would be up on technology in keeping their mobile banking customers happy.

Please show this customer of 20 years that you can pull it back together by motivating your IT department to write a decent app or hire it out if that's not possible.

Samantha on 11/10/2011 at 8:57 PM

Think this blog entry is being ignored, guys....As well as the iPhone app entry.

The silence speaks volumes. A simple " we're gonna try to fix it" would be appreciated, particularly since this post and the one below have possibly recieved more comments than this blog  has in two years total.

Arvest Blog Admin on 11/15/2011 at 8:09 AM

Please be assured we are working to apply a fix to the 'No Connection' error that can be encountered when attempting to log in.  This error is caused when the user selects the login button before the entire app is loaded and ready to accept the login.

Other issues being reported relate to the customer not being fully enrolled and can be resolved quickly by calling (866) 952-9523 for personal assistance.

Samantha on 11/16/2011 at 12:02 PM

Still have not fixed the problem of no longer being able to see when bills are due, nor the amounts owed. Existed in old app. This is the number one problem, IMO that currently exists.

LR on 11/17/2011 at 8:15 AM

Arvest has known they would need to move to a different mobile system for many many months and this is the best they could do?  What about an Andriod app or  a Blackberry app or an app for non-smartphone users?  Believe it or not, not everyone is an iphone user.  I can't believe given the months you had that this is the best that you could come up with.  I am a very disapointed (Blackberry) customer.

Karen on 11/17/2011 at 9:02 AM

Unable to use mobile banking for several weeks...downloaded again to start all over and it still doesn't work.  I have an LG Neon and it worked fine for over a yr or more!   I see that Arvest must have updated their mobile banking and many more people do not like it either.  When I asked the rep at my bank, she said hers didn't work either and to just use the text messaging for info!  I do not have unlimited text and it was a very bad answer WITH not explanation of when mobile banking work work again!  WHY CHANGE THINGS THAT WERE WORKING?!

Jeff S on 11/17/2011 at 1:18 PM

What was wrong with the previous app? I had NO problems with it on my droid, now i have to WAIT for a version to come out? Oh but wait i could use the app if i had a iphone. What a joke!!! The old saying goes..." if aint broke dont touch it"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelly on 11/18/2011 at 11:00 AM

I cannot believe you would discontinue service for Blackberry users without having an app already in place.  The previous app worked great - now I have nothing.  I have been a customer with Arvest for over 15 years, and I find your lack of customer service deplorable.  Guess it's time to start shopping for a new bank.

Cheryl on 11/19/2011 at 12:40 PM

Please, please, please give us back the old Mobile Banking!!! It was great. No problems ever. I can't even use the new one on my phone. The old Mobile Banking worked on my old non-smartphone and on my new smartphone. But not the new banking app. What have you done to your customers???  Please listen to us and give us back the old Mobile Banking. It ROCKED!!!!

Kelly on 11/21/2011 at 1:37 PM

Oh how I miss the old app.  I am the most forgetful person in the world and it sooooo helped me keep my bills current.  The new app is not helping me at all.  I used to check my info daily with the old app, now I seldom even use the app because it is so slow and it is not a smooth process.   Also, I used to HIGHLY reccommend Arvest to people who were bank shopping strictly because of the ease of use of the app.  I don't do that anymore.  Please reconsider this app. :-(

Sally Lewis on 3/1/2013 at 9:00 PM
After reading all of the comments about people having problems depositing checks using the android app, I was concerned because it seemed to be the solution to my problem with deposits taking so long to post since I live out of state and have to mail them in. However, I just made my first deposit...it took a little bit of work getting the photos of the check but just pulled the camera back far enough to get the whole check and even though I couldn't tell what was on the check it was accepted and already shows that it has been posted to my account. I'm so thankful that this has solved my problem. I didn't want to give up Arvest for a bank here...now I don't have to do that. Thanks