Arvest Mobile Banking App for iPhone Now Available

Friday, October 28 at 02:16 PM
Category: Personal Finance

We are pleased to let our customers know the NEW Arvest Mobile Banking App for iPhone® is now available in the iTunes® store.   It is important you download the new app as soon as possible to avoid service interruption.  Please remember, the previous Mobile Banking app will cease to function on Monday, October 31.

Arvest Mobile Banking App for iPhone®
The Arvest Mobile Banking App is iOS5 compliant and is ready for your use. Enjoy full Mobile Banking functionality with the ease of using an app:

• Check balances
  • Get account history
  • Transfer funds
  • Pay bills
  • Locate a nearby Branch/ATM

To avoid any interruption in your ability to use Mobile Banking, please enroll today by following the instructions below.  Enrollment takes place within the Mobile Banking tab inside Arvest Online Banking.

Get Started - Enroll Now:
Mobile Banking enrollment takes place after you log in to Arvest Online Banking.

1. Make sure you have your text message enabled phone with you and log into Online Banking on your computer
  2. After you log in, select the Mobile Banking Tab
  3. Select Sign Up to enroll and review the Terms and Conditions
  4. Follow the instructions provided during the enrollment process
  5. Once complete, you can begin using the Arvest Mobile Banking App as well as Text/SMS and Mobile Web banking

For more information on Mobile Banking, visit the new Mobile Banking website.  If you have difficulty accessing Online Banking or enrolling for Mobile Banking, please call (866) 952-9523 for personal assistance.

Tags: Mobile Banking, Online Services, Technology
janet on 10/28/2011 at 2:43 PM

nnone

George on 10/29/2011 at 7:59 AM

Why not an Android App?  There are more Android phones out there than iPhones.

Vicki on 10/29/2011 at 11:07 PM

Applying for mobile banking

Kevin on 10/30/2011 at 8:45 AM

Absolutely hate it.

1.  My passwords consisits of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and characters.  Do you have any idea how big of a pain it is to type that on an iPhone keypad?  Switch back to the PIN-style login.

2.  The fonts and styling look absolutely awful.  I would much rather use the online web-based banking, but unfortunately that perpetually gives me a system unavailable message when attempting to use our business login information, so it's useless as well.

3.  I can only register my phone number once!  I have two online banking logins that cannot be combined to a single login according to Arvest staff, but I am prohibited from associating my phone with each of those accounts.  This is absolutely worthless to me...

Edward Mote on 10/30/2011 at 6:34 PM

when i try to log in to the new iphone arvest app it says systen is unavaliable please try later

Arvest Blog Admin on 10/31/2011 at 7:20 AM

Edward - Please make sure you allow a few moments for the app to fully load before selecting sign-in.  If you continue to have an error message, please contact Customer Service at (866) 952-9523.

Kevin - The new login is to maximize security during the login process.  You do have an option to change your login password to something easier to enter on your phone.  If you work with Customer Service to combine your accounts to one Online Banking login, you will be able to access them all from your device.

George - An Android app is in process, we understand this is vitally important to our customers who use that operating system.

Mike on 10/31/2011 at 8:38 PM

I hate this app. I loved the old one better! I have loved dealing with Arvest up until now. Getting rid of the old app has made me want to switch banks...

Steph on 11/1/2011 at 10:07 AM

I have LOVED banking with Arvest since the day I opened my first acct! (i now have 4 with Arvest!!) But, I dislike this new app to the fullest!!

"The new login is to maximize security during the login process.  You do have an option to change your login password to something easier to enter on your phone. "...

The old app would time out and you had to re-enter your PIN after a very short time, so i never felt a security threat!  Not to mention,  people have an option to lock their phones with a PIN if added security is desired!  To change your password to something eaiser to enter, well, as internet users, the public is always warned to make our  password(s) as complicated as possible to prevent hackers from de-coding it!

I've had the app for approx 3 days now, (I would think it's fully loaded) and i'm still getting a 'no connection' or 'timed out'  msg about the first 3-5 attempts of each log in. (This is while my other apps work just fine).

As for the features on the new app, I haven't found any that the old one didn't have. I guess some may prefer texting to recieve bank info, but in the same amt of time, the old app opened and all that info was on the first 2 screens!!

Thinking I'll be deleting this app, it's just easier to sit down at a pc!   Total let down of an 'upgraded app'!

James on 11/1/2011 at 10:11 AM

So is there even a time frame at all for an Android app to come out? Kinda hacked that I received an email from Arvest stating that "as of October 1st, Firethorn (who was the third party provider of Arvest's banking app on Android) will not be used. At that time, a new app will be released for Android users to use.". October has come and gone, STILL no app, and no word AT ALL when one will be released. Would have thought that at a minimum, another email would (or should) have gone out stating something along the lines of "hey, I know we promised a product at a certain time. We are running a bit behind, but we anticipate releasing an app on such-and-such date.", rather than what news we have now. Which is nothing at all.

Nick on 11/1/2011 at 12:25 PM

How long does it take for the app to fully load?

I've been trying on my Iphone 4S for 20 minutes now.

Arvest Blog Admin on 11/1/2011 at 1:51 PM

Steph - Thank you for your feedback, we do appreciate it.  This app version is step one in an evolution to added functionality in the coming months where we will be able to build upon this platform. What exists today is a 'base model' and we expect to provide you additions we believe many customers will be very pleased with.  In the interim, please do give it a try using the app and also the Text/SMS banking.

James - We understand your frustration and recognize how important this is.  Our IT team is doing everything possible to deliver this feature as soon as possible, although I cannot give you a date at this moment.  Until that time, if you have any interest, we encourage Android users to use the Mobile Web and Text/SMS banking versions.

Kevin on 11/1/2011 at 4:08 PM

@Arvest Blog Admin - I absolutely WILL NOT change my password to something less complex just to utilize this poor setup.  All of my passwords are complex for everything from banking to email, and I'm not about to change that habit just for the sake of using this application.

Additionally, as I stated in my first post, I am UNABLE to combine my business and personal accounts into one online banking login due to having two business owners on the business account.  This has been reiterated to me by arvest account managers at several branches.  Therefore, I have no way to use this app for my business account because I have no way to associate my phone with two login names (Which is a ridiculous restriction.  How does this increase security at all?).  And when the new arvest mobile web based banking also doesn't work for my business account for some reason, it really leaves me out in the cold.

This coming from a programmer....I would have been embarrassed to release this application in its current state.

Samantha on 11/2/2011 at 6:52 PM

Hello,

I wanted to express my profound disappointment in the "new" Arvest iPhone app and the mobile web banking. Unlike the old app, there is no way to see your bills that are due, nor the amounts. This makes having bill payments in the app or on the mobile web utterly useless. If you cannot see how much is due or when, why even have bill payments on there??? It makes going paperless unusable.
Why has Arvest taken this gigantic step backwards? It would be one thing if the technology wasn't available, but since the old app had that functionality, I'm positive this one could.
I sincerely hope that this function I'll be included ASAP for those of us who want to be able to do our banking while traveling. Without this basic account information, I will have to consider moving banks after having the same bank account for the last 27 years.

Sincerely,
Samantha Wesley
LaLa on 11/4/2011 at 9:15 AM

I have always loved Arvest. So much that I keep them as my bank even though I now live in Texas. However, I must say this was a poor judgment call.  You have alienated everyone that uses anything other than an iPhone. Using online banking with my cell phone is a complete pain, especially considering my Android app (that worked until three days ago) was terrific. The Mobile Banking app was easier and faster than using the online banking. If you did not have better, more convenient options for all your mobile users, it would have been wise to delay the project.  Also, there are many banks out there that have advanced options like mobile check scan and mobile alerts to approve automatic withdrawals. Instead of making progress, Arvest is moving backward.

Chucknlr on 11/7/2011 at 2:31 PM

The new app really sucks, guess its time to be looking for another bank that can fufill my mobile banking needs. Arvest fails horribly here.

BW on 12/6/2011 at 3:42 AM

I am ready to find another bank due to termination of android app, the text and online method are ridiculous.  Anyone found a new bank with great android app and free checking?

Stacy on 9/28/2012 at 11:54 AM
The new app is suddenly saying my phone is registered to another user. I have deleted the number and re-added it but my phone still won't let me log in. This is out of the blue and frankly very annoying. Can someone tell me what is going on with this?
Arvest Blog Admin on 10/3/2012 at 1:44 PM
Stacy - if you are still experiencing this issue, please email us at interact@arvest.com so we can help. Thanks!
Ashtean on 1/3/2013 at 12:15 AM
I am having problems logging into my arvest account via my iPhone app. Me & my fiance both used it on our iPhone 4s. He got a new iPhone5 and i took his old iphone4. When i try to log in, it says "Request not completed due to the following: This device is currently registered to another user." when i called the Arvest line for help, the lady told me to have my fiance go on-line and delete his number from the account, delete the app from his phone, then add it back re-install then log in again and i do the same. i did. same message when i try to login. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks
Arvest Blog Admin on 1/3/2013 at 2:42 PM
Ashtean - I'm sorry that you weren't able to get this working with your first call to Customer Service. Yes, there is a way to fix the app on your iPhone. Please email your contact information to interact@arvest.com and we'll be sure someone gets in touch with you to resolve the issue.
Aaron on 1/21/2014 at 11:03 PM
My Iphone was was registered to my ex-wifes login that we both used. In setting up my own account I have started using my own login but have been unable to use the mobile app as it tells me that my device is currently registered to another user. How can I get this changed so I can use my Iphone with my login?
Arvest Blog Admin on 1/21/2014 at 11:26 PM
Aaron - For assistance with the mobile app please contact customer service at (866) 952-9523.